Welcome to Teresa's World!

This is my oldest blog - I now have several other blogs/websites for different areas of my life, different ways I think. You can check out old posts on this blog for glimpses into my life from long ago, or else check out newer posts at my various other blogs and websites for more insight into my current life and thought patterns...

Dream Big, Play Big - my personal development & life-hacking blog

Read With Teresa - the books that have been filling my head lately

MultiPassionate Coaching - living life with 'too many' interests and passions

PhysArt - dancing, moving, body-hacking

Me on OkCupid - my thoughts on relationships and such

and of course, my main personal website...


Or if you want more up-to-date stuff about what I'm doing, and things I'm interested in, come subscribe to me on Facebook.


Monday, September 01, 2003

My very first blog. Not very sure what to say. I hesitated at creating a weblog because I didn't feel like I wanted, in a sense, my diary to be public. And while I still don't want all of my thoughts and wishes to be public (I'm still keeping my hand-written journal notebook), there are many things about my life that I would like to be public, or at least public to the people I know, like my current friends, old friends from Caltech and Prospect, and my family. Lately I've been thinking about sending out a weekly broadcast email about my life to the people I know, but I think this will be better. People can come read if they want, and won't be bothered if they don't care about my life. (And I get a record of the ongoing saga of my life, which will be nice to look back on, and I also get the chance to write more, which I've been wanting to do for a while.)
I'm in the middle of looking through the classifieds in the Union Tribune. (Despite the fact that I'll going to school full-time and teaching dance in the fall, I still look through the help wanted ads every now and then, just to see if there's anything interesting). I always see so many jobs that sound cool. Even though I finally think that I know "what I want to be when I grow up" (an educational software designer), I know that it will only be one of many careers/jobs for me. In looking at the classifieds, sometimes I wonder if I should go into a medical area; there are always so many openings for dental assistants, and medical assistants, and nurses, and nursing assistants. Eh, I don't think I could handle the blood and guts. I'll help people in other non-invasive ways, like teaching and psychology. :-)

No comments: