Welcome to Teresa's World!

This is my oldest blog - I now have several other blogs/websites for different areas of my life, different ways I think. You can check out old posts on this blog for glimpses into my life from long ago, or else check out newer posts at my various other blogs and websites for more insight into my current life and thought patterns...

Dream Big, Play Big - my personal development & life-hacking blog

Read With Teresa - the books that have been filling my head lately

MultiPassionate Coaching - living life with 'too many' interests and passions

PhysArt - dancing, moving, body-hacking

Me on OkCupid - my thoughts on relationships and such

and of course, my main personal website...


Or if you want more up-to-date stuff about what I'm doing, and things I'm interested in, come subscribe to me on Facebook.


Sunday, February 05, 2006

I finally got Apache, php, and mySQL working on the store computer! I've been wanting to start programming in php, but Apache would just not work on the store computer. After playing with the windows firewall and turning on and off Norton and installing and uninstalling, it's finally working! (Although I'm still not entirely sure why it's working now, because I swear my computer is in the same configuration as when I tried to install it yesterday- but whatever, it works now! And will hopefully keep working!)

Yes, I am a nerd - I am really excited to be programming again! It's been over 2 years since I've really programmed. (I TA'ed for Intro about a year and a half ago, but that was just grading code, not actually writing code.) Not being in school, combined with the fact that Red Zone (the company where all of my programmer friends used to work) is no more and that I'm not dating a programmer, means that I've been without geeky stuff in my life for a while. And yes, I do love my store and all its pink and fluffiness, and I definitely have my feminine side, but frankly I've been missing video games! I need more testosterone in my life!

Last Friday I went up to LA to visit one of my friends who is working at EA now. I got to see his office and had lunch at the EA cafeteria. And I bought some games at the EA gift shop (They have a gift shop!?!?!): Black&White2, The Sims2, and SimCity4. I don't know when I'm going to have time to play them, but they were only 10 bucks, so what the heck! And I renewed my WoW subscription last night, and played a little. It felt good to be back in world (although the updates took like an hour to download and install!) But I'm not sure what server I want to play on, because all of my friends are on different servers and have higher level characters. And frankly I don't know how much time I'll actually be able to play, but I can have fun by myself even if I can't keep up with everyone else's characters.

Ok, back to learning php so that I can get my ecommerce site up and running...

No comments: