Welcome to Teresa's World!

This is my oldest blog - I now have several other blogs/websites for different areas of my life, different ways I think. You can check out old posts on this blog for glimpses into my life from long ago, or else check out newer posts at my various other blogs and websites for more insight into my current life and thought patterns...

Dream Big, Play Big - my personal development & life-hacking blog

Read With Teresa - the books that have been filling my head lately

MultiPassionate Coaching - living life with 'too many' interests and passions

PhysArt - dancing, moving, body-hacking

Me on OkCupid - my thoughts on relationships and such

and of course, my main personal website...


Or if you want more up-to-date stuff about what I'm doing, and things I'm interested in, come subscribe to me on Facebook.


Thursday, September 04, 2003

Yesterday was a day of new stuff. I got new contacts and a new pet. :-) My new contacts are gas permeable, not soft lenses, so they're going to take some getting used to. I still blink a lot when I wear them. But I can see more clearly (when I'm not blinking), so hopefully the blinking will decrease as my eyes get used to them.
Yesterday I also got an albino leopard gecko. I've been wanting a turtle or a lizard for a while now, and yesterday I finally went to the pet store to look at them. Apparently turtles require cleaning like every other day, so X-nay on the turtle. There were these little cute rock dragons, but they grow up to be big and kinda evil looking, so NO on the rock dragon. But then the pet store owner showed me these little geckos; one was brown and tan (regular color) and the other was white and tanish (albino). They were both really cute, and I couldn't decide which one to get. But then a little kid came in and bought the regular color one, so the little albino came home with me. I haven't named him yet, waiting for inspiration to strike. He's still kind of skittish, but he seems to like his new home, especially his little cave that he can hide under. Supposedly when leopard geckos get older and used to their owner, they'll sit on the owner's lap or shoulder and just watch. The pet store owner said that one woman lets her leopard gecko go for a ride on her vacuum whenever she cleans.

No comments: