Welcome to Teresa's World!

This is my oldest blog - I now have several other blogs/websites for different areas of my life, different ways I think. You can check out old posts on this blog for glimpses into my life from long ago, or else check out newer posts at my various other blogs and websites for more insight into my current life and thought patterns...

Dream Big, Play Big - my personal development & life-hacking blog

Read With Teresa - the books that have been filling my head lately

MultiPassionate Coaching - living life with 'too many' interests and passions

PhysArt - dancing, moving, body-hacking

Me on OkCupid - my thoughts on relationships and such

and of course, my main personal website...


Or if you want more up-to-date stuff about what I'm doing, and things I'm interested in, come subscribe to me on Facebook.


Wednesday, September 24, 2003

I've been really busy; well, really busy in my head. I've had so much to think about lately. This past Saturday, I found out that my old boss Patti is selling the dancewear store that I worked at for a year and a half. I've always kind of thought that I would buy the store from her when she got bored with it, but I didn't think that would happen for another two years or so when I would be done with school and my parents would be more apt to lend me money. But it's happening now, so I'm stuck with the decision of trying to buy it now and fulfill that dream or sticking with the old plan of going to school (which would make my dad happy) or trying to do both. What I would like to do is both (school and the store), but I wonder if there's enough time in the day for school, the store, home life, and friends. And of course, the eternal question of money; mainly how to get the money to buy the store. Patti has said that she would finance part of it, and I'm in the middle of writing a business plan to submit to my parents, which will hopefully convince them that I'm serious about this and that it's a profitable idea. I'm hoping that they (and maybe some other family) would lend me the rest of the money, so that I don't have to deal with banks.
Anyway, on the other note that I've been thinking a lot about: school, classes start tomorrow. I thought they started Monday, so I went to UCSD and was confused by how many open parking spots there were and by how empty the campus was. And then I realized that while the quarter did start on Monday, classes don't actually start til tomorrow (Thursday); something about making up time for Thanksgiving vacation. But while I was wandering around campus, I was thinking about classes, and figured out which ones I wanted to take (and they're also ones that are open :-) ). And it works out that they're all on Tues/Thurs, so I only have to go to school two days a week. I just hope that I don't have to go to section or lab on M/W/F.

No comments: